Friday, February 17, 2012

'Round About the Peninsula

There were many pleasant moments I grew accustomed to while living in Port Townsend, like spotting black tailed deer, bald eagles and hawks...  I also had time to do a lot of cooking and made my first shepherd's pie. 




Some of the locals grow bored of the deer but since I didn't have a garden or an investment in any of the landscaping I found them to be a comforting presence in the early morning or when I'd find a few them sleeping in my front yard.



Double doors leading into the wood shop, ironically one of the few concrete, non-wooden buildings on the campus aside from all the batteries.


I also took a trip out to the coast and up to Cape Flattery, the most northwestern point in the contiguous United States.





I wondered what it would be like to be a mermaid down there... The constant waves carve caves deep back into the cliff side which will one day break off and fall into the ocean.









Wild trees along the cape trail.








Campsite out at Lake Ozette.  I don't care if car camping is not hardcore, it makes a lot of sense to me during the winter months.


No comments:

Post a Comment